Sunday, November 27, 2011

Leadership -

~Congratulations!! You have been nominated to take part in the International Scholar Laureate Program (ISLP) Student Delegation on Diplomacy and International Relations in China this coming June 2012.~

Today, in the mail, I got a letter from International Scholar Laureate inviting me to attend the college version of NYLF (National Youth Leadership Forum) that I was nominated for in high school.




This is the 3rd invitation I have received since high school; first from NYLF, then the Global version (which I didnt attend), and now the International/college version. The fact that less than 1% of students get the opportunity to attend these educational vacations, just fills me up with such happiness and a little lot of pride in myself. To be nominated for the first one (cause the second one comes just because you went to the first one) a teacher has to think so highly of you that you were his/her vote. I never found out which teacher it was that got me into these programs, but I am forever grateful to whoever it was.

name tag from NYLF

These educational vacations are ones that you take alone and are able to go out into the world and learn and experience how to become a world-class leader in life. When I went as a sophmore in highschool, I was scared and shy while waiting in the airport lobby with all my peers. By the end of that week, I had life long friends and a greater love and understanding of our (the US) government and where we came from.

Taking this trip to China would mean that I'm not going to be able to travel and visit family like I was planning, but it would do wonders for my brain and resume. All in all, I am super excited for even the opportunity to make a choice to go or not.

-how was meeting my nerdy side??-

No comments:

Post a Comment