Friday, September 2, 2011

A True Believer -

Something happened tonight that just reminded me so harshly, that everything we do and go through happens for a reason..

Me and Kami had plans today to hit up the mall to get her friend Kenna a birthday present. Today was the only day we were able to do it together, cause I work during the day, and Kami dances almost every night. We couldnt hold off for tomorrow, cause Kami was planning to leave out of town.

I almost had to blow the whole thing off because I wanted to go celebrate a family friend's birthday at a BBQ, but it turned out that it was an "Adult Only" party.

So, I show up at the Reiser's house to pick up kami (a little later than we had planned, but it didnt make any difference at the moment). We leave to get some Panda, cause niether of us had eaten. After dinner, we hit up the mall, where we parked over by a half empty parking lot so I can show her the "secret door" Ashely had once told me about. There were about 4 stores we walked through before we stopped at XXI, which is were we found the present of our choice and checked out. Kami decides she wants to go back to store #3 so she can participate in this WONDERFUL deal; 7 for $25 at Victoria's Secret.

After check out, on our way out, Kami decides, "hmmm Pina Colado Orange Julius sounds delicious!" So of course we stop. We start heading for the "secret door" when we see a woman trying to hold up her OBVIOUSLY shot up boyfriend. As I walk by, I asked if she needed help of anysort, but she refused and said that he will be fine.. Me and Kami start walking towards the door again, but then two things occur to me; first off, his skin was pale as freaking Edward Cullen's, secondly, leagally, in a matter of life or death, I cannot leave until help arrives.

This girlfriend tries to get some sort of reaction out of her non-responsive boyfriend, but fails. She tries to give him water, but it just trickles down his short beard. Finally, she tells him, "Lets get you outside so we can get you some fresh air." Once again, I walk back over and ask, "Can I at least help you get him outside?" She accepts. Half way out of the hall, this nice man offers his sexy, strong, testoserone filled muscles to get him out faster (not in those words though).

Outside, we take him to the alley between Nordstroms and the food court, where we sat him down again. The girlfriend again tries to get a response out of him by asking him if he wanted to go to the hospital. Nothing. So, I gave her my two-cents and told her with his skin being so pale, he needed to get to an ER whether he wants to or not. She asked for a cell phone to call 911, but it then occured to me that druggies dont usually have health insurance or money to pay for a $10,000 ambulance ride; I offered to give them a ride.

Me and Kami run to my truck, jump in, and speed to his rescue. When we get him in the car and start to drive away, I watch his breathing every chance I get. I coulnt get an exact respiration count, but I can say it was WAY below normal. His pulse was slowing to almost a stop. He was COMPLETELY unresponsive at this point; he wouldnt even twitch when I would smack him.. not to mention his girlfriend started to fade out aswell, to the point I kept having to tap her face and tell her to stay awake.

We get to the hospital, and the girlfriend tells me to take him in while she ditches some stuff. I send kami in for assistance, because lets be honest, I cant lift him myself. He wakes up and opens his eyes when I stand him up. Thank God. The nurses were grateful we got him in when we did, because his vitals were almost too low.....

Everything happens for a reason... What if Kami hadnt danced all those years?? we wouldnt have had to schedule this adventure for today. What if it hadnt of been an all adult party?? I would have blown the mall off all together today. What if we hadnt gone to get dinner?? we wouldnt have even been around during the time he was there. What if we hadnt of gone to the 4 stores and then gone back for the deal?? we would have been done earlier. What if we hadnt of stopped for an Orange Julius?? wouldnt have walked by when his girlfriend was in need of help. What if I hadnt of felt the need to show Kami this secret door on this exact day?? we wouldnt have even walked by them. What if I wasnt leagally obligated to stay there til help arrived?? maybe we would have just kept on walking. Hell, what if me and Karoline never got in that fight?? I probably would have been with here tonight instead anyways.

I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason.. The reason may not always affect our lives. The reason may not always be THIS eye opening.. but every breath we breathe, every step we take, every choice me make affects our lives and the lives of others.. EVERY SINGLE THING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment