Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Ray of Sunshine -

When everything seems to be heading down hill, all we need to do is look up and find that ray of sunshine.

There are things in life that are so horrible...

Kids taking their lives.
Kids getting their lives taken from them.
Young people being robbed of their youth.
Kids watching their parents suffer.
Boys being blamed for something a girl just feels ashamed of doing herself.
An old man forgetting how to put his garments on correctly.

But just when you think there is no light in the world...

You make a new friend.
You do something that you've always wanted to do but were too scared.
You learn that you are loved.
The sun sets just right.
You learn you are beautiful even without getting ready.
You go to a jazz game against the lakers.
You get to spend a month with a family you love.

The positives may seem smaller than the negatives... but if you look hard enough, you'll find that there are more + than there are -


Everything around me seemed kinda dark.. I went and talked it thru with Madison.. and then I have this one person that showed up unannounced and made me see the light in the world. And after everything was made perfect, I look down and notice that it was Maddie that changed everything. She sent him. She told him what to say. And she was there in my pocket, vibrant and pink, making sure it all worked out in the end.
Its ironic that that crayon art was made for Marnie, and it was her sister that found my ray today.

(right there.. clear as day... my pink Madison bracelet is keeping me smiling)

No comments:

Post a Comment