Monday, March 5, 2012

Elko -

We all know that I recently took a ~2 month break from my life here to live in Elko, NV with my aunt. My aunt, Tarah, has three different kinds of lupus, and was told that last Christmas (2011) could be her last Christmas. I'm not the kind of person who can just sit and pray that things will turn, I have to physically try to help and make different.










In Elko, I would wake up at 6:40 in the morning to take my shower and start getting ready. At 7, I would wake up the kids to start getting ready for school. Then I would drop them off at 7:50, come home, wait for about 30 min and then start to cook breakfast for me and T-Tare. During the hours between breakfast and picking the kids up, me and Tarah (depending on how she was feeling that day) would run errands that needed to be taken care of. At 3, I would go and pick up Kenneth and then at 4, I would grab Hannah. We would spend the evening doing homework and cleaning the house. Around 6, I would cook dinner for the four of us, clean up from dinner and spend the rest the night in bed with my auntie watching TV.

The week that Sally came was super fun.... and honestly, I couldnt have done it without her. Being able to vent about the stupid stuff that bothers me, and have the heart to heart about what really goes thru our minds about the whole lupus situation was extremely theraputic. We got closer than ever when I broke down about people always complaining about work when others had it much, MUCH worse... like living thru so much pain everyday that it makes you cry in the fetal position on your bed and then having to hide it from your kids so they dont worry. I have so much respect and love for her.


Even though it was stressful when Cassie, Randy, and Lacey came out, it was still good to have them there. I got closer to my uncle Randy, and realized that when I get married, I want to marry someone like him. I found out that my aunt Lacey is so full of funny stories and is still a child at heart. And, like always, spending time with my aunt Cassie is always one of the top favorite things to do.




I loved getting closer to my cousins, even though sometimes I didnt think I would be able to handle them.

"Arts and crafts" time with Tarah could have made me cry multiple times. I went from not seeing her for 4 years, to making blankets and shirts with her on the weekly. We decorated Kenneth's room in and Army theme and made different outfits while the kids were in school to keep busy and be sure tarah didnt feel like she was doing nothing.












I made multiple friends out there and they all made it hard to leave. Wyatt, though, made me want to stay... or at least take him with me. I always talk about how much I want a nephew, well out there, I have one. But according to some, he is really my boyfriend. Love that kid so dang much. Cutest boy in the world.



I'm not saying that it was easy.... I am saying that it was worth it though. I had relationship problems while I was out, I missed my cousins surgery, and realized how much I truly do rely on my family. But, I got to watch, with my own eyes, my aunt get better and happier. That is the greatest gift I have ever been given... To know that, maybe it was small, but I did make a difference. I thank God all the time for that opportunity to grow closer with her and to help her. It was a blessing in disguise.

"thank you for coming candy. love you."

"thanks for all your help. love you candy."



-- "ooopsie, pooopsie"
--"i dont know why she swallowed the fly"

miss you and love you tarah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment